This month we are having a very general discussion of Dragon Age as a series with two of our FPS editors Betsy Brey and Elise Vist. We discuss a whole variety of stuff in this hour including what it is about Dragon Age that makes people obsessively play these games over and over, the differences between Dragon Age and Mass Effect, the in-game politics, histories and philosophies of the games, and the focus on romance and sexuality within the universe. This podcast does contain spoilers, especially for Dragon Age 2, but is mostly general discussion about the series.
Listen to Thedap: The Dragon Age Podcast on Soundcloud.
Listen to Thedap: The Dragon Age Podcast on itunes.
- David Gaider on Dragon Age Narrative Design (and the story of Thedas’s name)
- David Gaider on sex in video games at GDC
- Bioware Employees Jessica Merizan, David Gaider, Karin Weekes, Patrick Weekes, and Robin Théberge, discuss “Building a Better Romance” at GaymerX
- Meghan Blythe Adams on sexuality in Mass Effect
- On Discovering your sexuality through videogames