Welcome to the 54th episode of the First Person Podcast. This month will be examining the social functions of roleplaying games: how the stories and characters we make in RPGs can have a positive and healing impact on ourselves and our community. We look at the benefits that have been acknowledged through roleplaying game studies and the real impacts that RPG media has had on the rhetoric surrounding disparaged communities. Joining us today we have special guests Adrianna Burton, Aaron Trammell, and Elise Vist, all of whom have done extensive work in this field.
- Kira Apple’s The Limits of the ‘Infinite Imagisphere’
- Michelle McMullin and Lee W. Hibbard’s The Fandom Rushes In
- Elise Vist’s Dungeons and Queers
- Alex Chalk’s A Chronology of Dungeons & Dragons in Popular Media
- Adrianna Burton’s Analog Games and the Digital Economy
- Aaron Trammell’s Website
Source for Banner: